Last updated September 2023
In conjunction with our Online Privacy Notice you should also refer to our:
Information We Collect About You
When you visit our Site and Mobile App, you may be asked to provide information about you that is personally identifiable (“Personal Information”). This may include:
- Your first and last name;
- A tax identification number;
- A home or physical address;
- A telephone number;
- An email address;
- A driver’s license; and
- Any other personal information you may provide when doing business with us.
How This Information Is Collected
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Visit our Site and use our Online Banking and Mobile App;
- Apply for an account;
- Apply for one of our many products or services;
- Enter one of our contests or sweepstakes; and
- Contact us with general inquires.
How This Information Is Used
We use your personal information, only as permissible by law, to:
- Verify your identity;
- Process transactions;
- Communicate with you;
- Manage your preferences;
- Prevent fraud and ensure security of your account;
- Provide you advertisements about our products and services;
- Perform analytics concerning your use of our online services;
- Administer and improve our Site, Online Banking and Mobile App; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations and our policies.
We retain personal information for a period of time that is required by law and is necessary for our business purposes only.
Categories of Third-Parties With Whom POLAM FCU May Share Information
POLAM FCU shares personal information with third-parties only as permitted by law in connection with the administration, processing, and servicing of account and account-related transactions, in order to perform services for us on your behalf, and as required by law; for example: credit reporting agencies, bill payment processors, credit, debit and ATM card processing networks, and data processing companies in order to offer and/or provide financial products and services to you, and in response to legal or regulatory requirement, court order and/or other legal process or investigation.
Other Online Information We Collect and Use
We may collect and use other information, such as:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of data stored directly on the device you are using when you visit our website. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, date and time spent on our website, and pages visited. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize and enrich your experience while visiting the website, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online services. We also gather statistical information about the usage of the website in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements, to understand how customers use the website, and to assist us with resolving website questions. You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the website and some online services. For example, we may not be able to recognize your device and you may need to answer challenge questions each time you log on. You also may not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the website.
Social Media Sites
Third-Party Website Links
We may provide links to websites that are owned or operated by other companies. When you use the links on our Site or Mobile App to visit a third-party website, you will be subject to that website’s privacy and security policies, which may differ from ours. Please review their privacy and security policies carefully before providing any personal information on their websites.
Protecting Your Information, Confidentiality, and Security
We protect the information we collect about you by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These safeguards restrict access to your confidential information to only authorized personnel with specific need to access and utilize your information. We train our employees in how to handle your information to maintain confidentiality and privacy. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer and system safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Making Sure Your Information Is Accurate
If you are a registered Online Banking user, you may review and maintain your information by logging in to Online Banking. You can also request and/or update your information by calling us at (800) 404-5137, or by writing to us at 589 N Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004 or by visiting a nearby POLAM FCU Branch.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Disclosure
The primary goal of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act is to give parents control over what information is collected from their children online and how such information may be used. This website is not directed to persons under the age of 13. POLAM Federal Credit Union does not knowingly collect information from, solicit, market, or provide online services or web pages directed to children under the age of 13. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) visit Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov.
If your POLAM FCU account relationship is terminated, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
Updates to This Policy
This Policy is subject to change at any time. Please review it periodically. We will revise the “Last Updated Date” stated at the top of this Policy at the time any material changes to the Policy are made. Your use of the Site and services following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, call us at (800) 404-5137 or write to us at:
589 N Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004